Ten Square International is an import-export company which bridges the U.S., China, and other countries around the world. Over the years, Ten Square has grown from importing simple components to a full-service trade development service company. Ten Square’s five office locations work together closely to sell industrial and agriculture equipment into China as well as provide global sourcing services.
- Ten Square was established in Iowa in 1990, and was initially involved in importing goods from China to the U.S.
- In the early nineties, Ten Square introduced directional boring to China and grew with sales of drilling equipment, and related technologies.
- In 1998, a sister company was established and registered in Jiangsu, China. This office focuses on sales of industrial equipment in China, and global sourcing. The Nanjing office is now the headquarters for Ten Square China.
- In 2000, Ten Square China opened up its second office located in Guangzhou in order to assist with the growing demand for industrial equipment sales in China.
- In 2001, Ten Square’s U.S. headquarters moved from Ames to West Des Moines, Iowa. The U.S. office supports sales of agricultural and industrial equipment in China, as well as global sourcing.
- Beginning in 2005, Ten Square began to market and sell agricultural equipment in China, focusing on providing complete packages of equipment in a system approach.
- In 2005, Ten Square continued to refine its global sourcing business by developing quality control protocols in order to serve customers in the U.S with high quality control requirements.
- 2006 marked the year when Ten Square opened its third China office in Harbin. Harbin’s primary market is sales of agricultural equipment in China, specifically the northeast.
- A year later, Ten Square opened its fourth location in China. The Wulumqi office is responsible for sales of agricultural equipment in China, with regional focus on northwest China.
Ten Square has shown that with dedication and hard work, we help make opportunities become realities. We adapt to the ever-changing world, and continue to grow in order to provide the services our clients need. How can our people help you succeed?
As important as it is to have brick and mortar both in the U.S. and China, the core of Ten Square is its people, its ren cai 人才。Within the Ten Square organization, we have people fluent in both English and Chinese. We have staff with experience in engineering, marketing, sales of agriculture equipment in China, machine maintenance and assembly, contract negotiations, technical translations, as well as letters of credit, shipping, and customs clearance. We know what it is like to stay up all night communicating between the U.S. and China in order to get a machine back on line or track the progress of an order. It is fair to say “Ten Square never sleeps”. The daily interaction between our U.S. and China staff forms the bridge that we help our clients succeed.